Andon Electronics make precision sockets used in the testing and board-level assembly of image sensors, optoelectronic and gas sensors, DC-DC converters, batteries, crystal oscillators, fuses, relays, and more.
Leading OEMs and contract manufacturers solder Andon sockets – not the devices –onto the PCB.
Advantages of using Andon Sockets
- Reduce device damage from exposure to high temp solder, ESD, and cleaning solutions
- Reduction in solder joint cracking and associated intermittency
- Remove the labour costs and PC board damage associated with de-soldering a faulty device
- Stop holding up PCB assembly until the devices arrive
- Reduce damage caused by excessive heat and noise
John O. Tate, Andon President, pioneered many of the innovative, high-reliability interconnects for military, aerospace and commercial applications that have become industry standards. In 1965, he developed the stamped and formed multi-finger precision socket contact, which remains the preferred method throughout the world for connecting today’s critical components.
Standard and custom sockets are available for a variety of package outlines including PGAs , BGAs , CLCCs , PLCCs , TOs , DIPs , SIPs , LEDs , and more.